This bowl is earthy and moderately sweet. If you don’t like the earthiness of beets, some lime juice will help cut through it a little. You can also add a touch of vegan liquid sweetener to enhance those sweet notes.
1 slice pineapple
1/2 large red beet
100g frozen strawberries
100g frozen cauliflower
Maple syrup or other suitable-for-vegans liquid sweetener
1. Juice the pineapple, beet, and apple
2. Blend the juice with the frozen strawberries and cauliflower.
3. Taste. If you find the bowl too earthy, squeeze the lime into the blender over your closed hand (palm facing up; this way, you catch the seeds). If you’re adding the lime juice, blend briefly.
4. Transfer to a bowl, decorate, add some maple syrup (or other suitable-for-vegans sweetener), and enjoy.
5. As with all smoothie bowls, they will melt rather quickly. A good tip to slow the melting process is to leave your bowl in the refrigerator overnight and use this for plating your smoothie bowl the next day.