A very easy recipe with lots of interesting flavours and textures that’s ready in about 20 minutes.
1 red onion, in medium dice
250g mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
220g tempeh, cubed
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
150g sugarsnap peas, roughly chopped
1 l vegetable broth
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 heaped tsp cornflour mixed to a paste in a little cold water
1. Sauté the onion and mushrooms in a large soup pot over a medium-low heat until softened (2 minutes), adding a splash of broth if the vegetables start to stick.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Stir in the tempeh, sweet potato, sugarsnap peas, vegetable broth, mixed herbs, smoked paprika, and soy sauce.
4. Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
5. Stir in the cornflour mixture and allow to simmer for about 2 minutes to allow the liquid to thicken.