A very simple dish that’s perfect for barbecues and al fresco dining. This serves 2.
1 tbsp hot lime pickle (if you can’t find this, use the juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp mango chutney, and a pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp dried mint, or 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh mint
lime rind, to garnish
200g tempeh, steamed 15 minutes and then cubed
1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
1 red onion, coarsely chopped
8 cherry tomatoes
1. Soak four bamboo skewers in boiling water.
2. Mix the pickle, tamari, vinegar, maple syrup and mint in a large, shallow bowl.
3. Add the tempeh, and toss to coat. Leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
4. Load your veggies and tempeh onto the skewers, brush with some marinade and griddle, grill or barbecue until cooked. These were cooked on a griddle pan for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with rice, with remaining marinade poured over, and garnish with lime rind.